Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Shift Change
Today Nikki's Mom went home and my Aunt Nancy arrived and they tagged each other at the airport, literally. I spent most of my day doing errands and being a courier. Nikki today had her Dad with her all day and they made many origami cranes. She now has them hanging on a string separated by 8inches and there are 4 on a string, dangling from her headboard above her. She had somewhat of a rough day because she has fallen to low's she has never experienced. At BCH foothills her lowest WBC day was 330 and today she has reached 180 WBC's. She did not have much energy today, but that is to be expected. During the day I had a discussion with my Uncle and I informed him that Nikki's blood type would be changing through this process and he asked, "What would be her new blood type". I told him, "She is currently O+ and going to B+". He commented that being a B+ is a good thing because it reminds him of how he needs to be in life and that is his mantra. I shared this with Nikki because, Nikki has always been very pessimistic about things and through this tragedy she has taken a new outlook on her life and also the way others perceive her. God has shown her to be more like him and "Being Positive (B+) is something she can take away from this. God is teaching us new things each day. We have had many blessing in our life and many tests to work through. Today our epiphany was as Forest Gump says, "Life is like a box of chocolate: You never know what you're gonna get". God Bless.