Sunday, September 6, 2009
The End in Near
Today we got the results of her CBC and we were not surprised to see a little dip. The good news is that today even though her ANC (Absolute Nuetrafill Count) was down, the building blocks are in place for tomorrow to have a big blow out of her ANC's. We are preparing for our discharge hopefully in the morning. Today we spent time writing in some cards that we got for our dream team. (5 core nurses that touched Nikki heart) These last 38 days have been difficult but the nursing staff here, along with all the cards, and Jesus by our side have made a huge difference. We will be updating the blog as usual tomorrow even if we go home to alert everyone of the good news. Today I made a little video of our room with all the cards and the layout for everyone to see. (Please see attached) In total we have had the pleasure of reading through 138 cards from an amazing group of people. I say this with the deepest heart, thank you very much for making a difference in this journey for Nikki and allowing her to exprerinnce the genuiene love that each of you share for her. I want to especially thank my family for the support and prayers and the network they brought together in this time of need. I would also be re missed if I did not metion how Nikki's family here in Colorado have pulled together each and everyday to allow Nikki, Ryker and I to have a few hours everyday togehter. Nikki's Mom and Stepfather have lived in our home for the duration, and have unselfishly given of themselves to take care or most prized blessing on this earth (Ryker). At the crux of all of this is our Lord and Saviour and we have been truely blessed by his presence here in this journey. The way he has lifted Nikki and I up is unexplainable but I know this peace that we exude can only come from One God. God Bless.