Friday, August 14, 2009

Quiksilver

You are probably wondering why the Title reads Quicksilver. Today was a quick day in the sense that it flew by. The silver part plays in because despite being in the hospital we found the silver lining in many of today activities that brought a sense of joy. This morning I surprised Nikki with having her friend bring up her dogs for a few hours. That was followed immediately by someone from our church showing up and talking with Nikki and I for a few hours. Nikki and her got a chance to have some one on one time for about an hour and she was able to share some precious moments with Nikki and help her discover what she is learning on this journey. Midway through the day Nikki received notice that she does not have to be attached to Grover anymore unless she is receiving her antibiotics. That is a big weight of her shoulders (no pun intended). Her family showed up afterwords for the rest of the day and we had many laughs and good times. Nikki received numerous cards and a few gifts today along with some great pictures. Thanks to everyone for sending the words of encouragement. Every day I am challenged with where I am going to post the new cards, but I welcome the challenge with open arms (how awesome). I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and we will keep you informed as events occur. Thanks again for the prayers, keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!